We presently have an opportunity for a Video Product Manager within our Digital department. Working for the Director of Digital Operations, the Video Product Manager will be responsible for working across the PGA TOUR Digital team and other areas of the TOUR to create and implement forward looking live and on-demand video products that span a variety of platforms and will be responsible for assimilating those products into the technology, operations, and content teams.
Qualified candidates will have the following:
• BA or BS degree required in Computer Science or Management Information Systems
• 3 to 5 years of technical product management, design and development on Internet based platforms, preferably with consumer facing products. 1 to 2 years minimum experience with online live video and video on demand implementations
• Several years of experience developing digital video products for platforms such as websites, mobile phones, and tablets
• Fundamental understanding of online video, video production operations with a strong working knowledge of video technologies including content ingestion, encoding, transcoding, decoding, video player features and functionality
• Familiarity with products from vendors that provide services to support live video stream, on demand video streaming, video rights management, meta-data and video integration, video analytics, syndicated video distribution, and familiarity with cross platform video players including those used desktop, mobile and tablet.
• Ability to demonstrate success in leading individuals and teams to accomplish goals within time, resource, and budget constraints
• Proven communications and collaboration skills are required. Experience coordinating the efforts of multiple internal and external technical teams and products will be a necessary skill
• Strong understanding of project management methodologies such as Agile or other project management practices used in iterative development environments.
• Experience in a media company based environment would be preferred but is not a requirement.
• Sports background a plus
• Identify and evaluate new and emerging video delivery technologies and develop innovative digital products to generate fan interest in the PGA TOUR while also meeting the goals of larger TOUR initiatives
• Lead cross-functional product development efforts within a corporate environment including defining and writing product requirements, maintaining and communicating development plans, and overseeing supplier selection processes including Requests for Proposals
• Manages the day-to-day operational and tactical aspects of video related projects both large and small as they move through the product development life cycle from ideation to launch, and then into regular operations
• Work with and manage multiple external PGA TOUR partners and vendors to achieve the new product development goals of the organization
• Responsible for managing any on-going potential risks and ensures tracking to closure of all problems, issues, or risks, and escalate as appropriate
• Integration of various technologies with our current content management, video management, and ad operations systems
• Manage product performance against key performance indicators, financial objectives, and overall TOUR goals
Our benefits include:
• Competitive wages including performance bonuses
• Medical/Dental/Life/Disability insurance
• Paid time off
• 401k with employer match
• Employer funded retirement plan
• Health Savings Account/Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
• Wellness Program
• Membership to TPC Sawgrass
Click here to see all of our employment opportunities.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ